Nurse Case Management
Help your members manage complex and catastrophic conditions
The nurse case management program is another way MagnaCare goes above and beyond to help you save money and get your members back to health.
We identify members with complex and catastrophic conditions who would benefit from a tailored nurse case management program. Through direct member outreach, highly trained registered nurses establish one-on-one relationships with members, uncover their needs and challenges, and help them attain their personal wellness goals.
Helping members better control their health is a win-win. Members are healthier and future health costs are reduced by avoiding preventable, expensive emergency room claims.
A few of the services our nurses provide:
Member success stories
Thanks to their nurse case managers, hundreds of MagnaCare members have achieved their health and wellness goals, including:
- Lost weight and were taken off heart and diabetes medications by their doctors
- Switched to checking blood sugar every other day instead of daily
- Reduced their need for multiple cardiac medications
- Quit smoking
- Stopped drinking and started going to the gym
- Lowered their blood pressure through diet and exercise
- Lowered their insulin dosage
- Became more compliant with taking medications and monitoring blood glucose regularly
- Lessened their chronic cough and shortness of breath
- Started walking unassisted for longer periods
- Lowered cholesterol from high to borderline
- Reduced the risk for cardiovascular problems
- Improved their mental health